Love is in the air

1.3 Linda West
Summer 1995, Botanical Research Center

Linda was careful to not put too much of that serum into the flask.
This was already the fifth try, and she wasn't sure if she had enough supply of plant cells.
She hoped that she wouldn't have to redo it again...

The reaction looked exactly as she expected. This could finally help her to continue!

"Miss West?", a slightly annoyed, nasal voice pulled her out of her focus.
"Oh, Professor Kim!" This smelled like trouble.
"Did you finish sorting the tomato experiment results?", he asked her.
"Well...", she tried to remember, but somehow there was no image of her stacking papers anywhere in her mind to find.
Crap - she forgot!

Her face seemed to give it away, because the head of the lab wasn't amused at all.
"Miss West, I allowed you to do your own research in your free time here, but I won't allow you delay our important work by doing so!", he said in a sharp voice.
"I will go finish it immediately", she rushed to answer.

Finally it was lunch break. Linda poured herself some coffee, still worried about what happened earlier. 
She was glad she got the permission for vacation from tomorrow she asked for already last week, even though that meant she would have to do some overtime today to make up for her sloppiness.

"Hello, Miss West!", Dr. Majbouri approached her.
Not that creep again!
"Hello, Dr. Majbouri! How are you?", she asked politely. She was glad that she didn't have to work on his team anymore, but occasionally he still managed to run into her.

"Goot, very goot!", he stated in his funny accent.
"The sight of you always brightens mi day!"
"Oh... how nice to hear...", Linda tried desperately to think of an excuse to leave.
"Would you like to...", he started, when he got interrupted.

"Hey, Linda!", Paris, the lab mechanic said, maybe a little bit too loud.
Linda was relieved. "Hi, Paris!"
"Come, I have to show you something immediately!", he said, already turning around.

She followed him to the other end of the canteen.
"So, that Doctor is still stalking you?", he laughed.
"Yeah, kinda! Thanks for helping me get away!"
"Anytime!", Paris said with a smirk.

21 comments:

  1. Paris seemes to be a better choice than Alejandro. I hope she will see the reason.
    Also, I had a dejavu moment seeing Linda in the same hairstyle and labcoat my Kellie wears. :D
    Nice lab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Paris turned out to have Elf ears every time I summoned him after this, so I banished him into oblivion...
      I might drag him out in later chapters again, though. I feel bad for him, lol
      True, Kellie also has the blue color :D and that awesome red hair <3
      The lab is from the gallery with minor changes by me... sadly I keep deleting everything from my gallery saves after using, so it doesn't clutter up, so I don't know which it was anymore :/

      Delete
  2. Poor Paris. It happened in my game too. Poor Henry Nightshade went down with serious case of elf ears. It took a while to figure out how to get rid of those. All it took was to click the ears in CAS and they were gone. Weird glitch though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. I tried that, but didn't work for me...

      Delete
  3. As soon as Dr. Majbouri's name appeared I heard the accent before it was even mentioned. Thankfully Paris came to save the day and get her out of there. I thought he was kind of cute for her but I see what happens in the comments. Its too bad he was glitched as Linda is not having good luck with men. Dr. Majbouri is stalking her, Alejando is a married cheater and the only guy that seems good is glitched. I'm hoping she has better luck soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda really is not good at chosing her partners...
      And seriously I felt bad to ditch poor Paris because of that.

      Delete
  4. Ooo... I like Paris. Already a better candidate for Linda than Alejandro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is a better candidate than Alejandro :D

      Delete
  5. Poor Alejandro, so unfavoured! Maybe he and Dr. Majbouri could get together? >:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paris seems nice... but now that we see what a jerk Alejandro is, maybe she will stay away... but somehow I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda is gorgeous. I wonder what independent research she was doing. Paris is so cute. I'm bummed he doesn't show up later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What exactly is Linda's profession? Labs are very likeable to me ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here she's a botanist post-graduate student working on her doctorate :)

      Delete
  9. Dr Majbouri looks like he's blowing an air kiss there. That's definitely creepy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he actually did. Idk why! 😂 he was a rando creepo townie!

      Delete
  10. It was fun to see Linda's work day, some relatable moments there. Paris is cute! I gather from the comments he won't be around, which is a shame - though I didn't really get romantic vibes or chemistry there in any case, it seemed more like friends looking out for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm glad! I wanted them to be friends, not romantic interests. Then the incident happened, and I just pretend he got another job in another lab 😅

      Delete