The party is over

3.7 Alejandro Gonzales
Winter 1995, Café South Square

The year was almost over, and it was just before christmas. In the cozy café in the old town of Windenburg they put up the decoration, and played some old christmas songs.
Alejandro was glad he finally managed to see Linda again. She said something about presents, but he didn't really listen.
He preferred to just watch her.
Linda was responsible, usually quiet and never asked any questions. And she was beautiful.
Damn beautiful.

To not appear as if he wouldn't pay any attention to her, he told her.
"Oh, charmer...", she replied, somewhat absent minded herself.
He seemed to never get through to her with his compliments... but that made everything just more interesting.

When the waitress brought their food, Linda picked at it, looking somehow displeased.
Did he upset her without noticing? Alejandro hoped not.
"This looks different than usual", she finally said, still not really fully aware that he was there, too.
"We have a new chef", the waitress explained anxiously, "But you'll find the sandwiches just as good as before!"

Linda tried it, and found it to be edible enough. What a relief, he didn't screw it up.
"You still have some time after lunch?", he asked her.
"Sorry, but I have to go back to the lab", she said, not even trying to look sorry about it.
Not the answer he wanted.

"Look! It snows again!", she said excited, when they left. This woman was so unpredictable.

13 comments:

  1. It's all going to blow in his face eventually...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, so he likes them a little hard to get, does he?? /Smirk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if Linda was recalling Mae’s advice....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda is beautiful... but Alejandro doesn't deserve her. But Linda is a puzzle. I can't figure her out. That snowy scene is breathtaking. I was so worried that was Rita, the wife there in that final shot. Almost ruined the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al cannot really figure out Linda either xD She's a little mystery.
      And nooo, that's Clara Bjergsen xD
      Rita's busy with her bunch of kids in Oasis Springs!

      Delete
  5. That is the most beautiful snow effect I've ever seen! I'm in love! How did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cc item I found once randomly that you can turn on and off, and I absolutely had to use it!
      I can send it to you if you want, just pm me.
      Tho there's real snow now, so idk if it's still needed!

      Delete
  6. Oh no I just realised that the girl he got preggers is Diana and not Linda. Ahh! This is just as bad though. She's more level headed so hopefully she doesn't fall into the same trap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's probably more careful than Diana, so maybe not! We will see! 😁

      Delete
  7. Honestly, I feel like Alejandro's life would be exhausting. I'm sure the way he thinks about it is that he has his cake and eating it too of course, but I can't say I feel like the reality of dating multiple people like this would be that appealing - it would probably give me a migraine :D I am still kind of curious because he does seem to have genuine feelings for Linda. He is a creep, but there is a heart in there somewhere, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol that's a new perspective and I like it 😆

      Tho to clarify, he only "dates" Linda, as in sees regularly, the fangirls just happen to be there and he picks up the willing. Diana is no exception.
      Also he's like never home, so not much happening there either.

      Delete