9.2 Christmas Eve

Winter 1996, West residence

"Dig in! I bet you're hungry!", Mae said to their guests, when they set upt the table.


"Yesss! It looks yummy!", Mariella was definitely excited.
Herbert also looked impressed.


"Herbert, Mae told me you're training the local junior high school basketball team?", Linda tried to politely initiate a conversation. "How was the last championship?"

"They made only 4th position", Mariella blurted out unimpressed, before her father could even take a breath. "But they won against Strangetown junior high!"
That sounded more content.

"They are some sort of arch rivals to us", Herbert said with a shy laugh.
"Ohhh, same like back then when we were in school!", Mae exclaimed. "But I was in the track and field team, and our arch nemesis was Brindleton."
Linda remembered all the bickering that had happened, when the athletes from Newcrest came over for a competition. It was hilarious, and she laughed.

"I think I want to join the track and field team too!", Mariella said, looking as if she had made that decision just now. "I am really fast!"
"What? Not basketball?", her father asked, disappointment on his face.

Mariella thought for a second. "Nahhh...", she said. "Then I have to train with you!"
They all had to laugh, even Herbert.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the "set table" option of the parenthood pack :D
      It makes everything look even more realistic.

      Delete
  2. nice family style dinner. Love the set, and the plants along the wall. I love that centerpiece too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The parenthood GP and the free festive stuff was really inspirational to make a homey christmas :)

      Delete
  3. Haha Mariella is a little sport. <3

    ReplyDelete