Good times

11.3 Francesco De la Cruz
Spring 1997, De la Cruz residence

The tour had ended last month, and was a huge success. Deep Rift had played only in small venues, but they were sold out almost everywhere. It also boosted the sales of their new album a lot.
Francesco was content.
Now at home, he tried to translate all the ideas he had on the road into new songs.

He was focused on trying to make a specific chord work out the way he would be satisfied with, when he heard his wife's voice. 
"Francesco! Hey!"

"It finally happened! I'm pregnant!", Rosa burst out, beaming.

"Are you sure this time?", he said.
She had tried it for a while, and had taken quite a few tests, whenever he was home. So far none of them were positive.
"One hunderd percent!", she confirmed. "I took even two tests this time!"

"Wow... now this is big news in the morning!", he felt a little bit overwhelmed, but not unhappy.
"Yes!" Rosa was beaming.
Francesco didn't really understand why she always had been so desperate about it. He didn't mind having kids, but he wasn't uncontent without them.
But maybe Rosa felt lonely with him being gone so often.
He knew he did, sometimes.

He placed a small kiss on her glowing cheek. He liked seeing her so happy.


19 comments:

  1. Congrats! Now don't mess up and don't cheat on her or anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have a friend that is a heavy Franco/Mae shipper. She said exactly the opposite! xD

      Delete
    2. I won't lie, I secretly ship them too. :D He's certainly more interesting than Herbert. Nothing against Herbert, but I find him somewhat...staid.

      Delete
    3. Hoho! I bet I can make you ship them even harder :D But... will I sink that ship, too? >:D
      And poor Herbert... I bet he and Terry would get along so well...

      Delete
  2. A baby on the way and I suspect that Francesco has some unresolved feeling for Mae. Why do I suspect that this is going to get messy really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dis gonna be a hoot if Francesco/Mae happens again YOU GUISE.
    Why am I so heartless :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want that to happen, no? :D

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, who doesn't tho?!
      Both because it's a forbidden romance AND because I am a bb chaos monster >:)

      Delete
    3. Don't worry, chaos is bound to be happen no matter what!
      My sims have proven to get themselves a lot into much more trouble than I ever expected :'D

      Delete
  4. Ohhh. Don’t mess up! Don’t mess up! He’s gonna mess up! 😱

    ReplyDelete
  5. Francesco is a good guy, even if he isn't always attentive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He tries his best! And his feelings for Rosa are honest.

      Delete
  6. Awwww is all I have to say. Well then: awwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. :> They seem okay. Must be tough having to share your husband with the public.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh crap.

    Also, I feel like the whole "he wasn't bothered about having kids, but his wife wanted them, so why not" attitude is exactly how Alejandro got to where he is now. Not great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's not the usual reaction to a wanted pregnancy! 😂😂 (but I forgive you ;o )

      that's a v dangerous attitude indeed, and we'll see how it will work out for Franny. Maybe he'll come around?

      Delete