Good times

11.2 Linda West
Spring 1997, Botanical Research Center

Linda sorted the disarranged books in the shelf in Dr. Kims office. How could anyone find what they were looking for in this mess?

When she finished, she sat down.
She glimpsed at the big clock on the wall.
Her appointment was late already.
She shifted uncomfortably in the chair. Why did the old guy have to send her to do this? She was here for research, not for sales!

Finally she heard a knock on the door. Linda flinched, then remembered her manners.
"Come in!", she said politely.

A tall, blonde man entered. "Good Morning! Miss West, I assume?", he said with confidence.

Linda hesitated for a second. He looked drop dead gorgeous!
"...Yes", she managed to squeeze out finally.

"My name is Brian Atkins. I'm sorry I'm late, got caught in a jam on the way here", he said, with an irresistible apologetic smile.

Linda found she didn't mind that, after all.
"It's only ten minutes! Please, take a seat!", she said.
"Thanks!"

"A nice view you have here!", he made some small talk, while looking around a little.
"Yes... but usually I work down in the labs", Linda said.

"Great! Then I bet you can tell me first hand about the new hybrid you developed!", the handsome man said, getting back to the reason he came here. "As you most likely heard, Terra Novo is working on improving the production of crops, to avoid the shortage we had last year!"

"...Sure! Our team extracted the methyl groups of the genom that limits the amount of fruit the plant carries. Therefore, we managed to let the plant have twice the harvest it normally has!", Linda explained, proud of what they had achieved here.

"Oh, science talk!" The beautiful agent in front of her leaned back with a small laugh. "This is not my profession! But it sounds great!"

"It is! You will see when your company planted the seeds!", Linda confirmed.
"Maybe you want to show me first hand? I guess you have the plants here in the lab", the man asked her.
Linda wasn't sure if she was supposed to do that, but decided it might help with the sale.

"Here you can see our new tomato plant. The fruit are also a bit bigger than the average ones!", she pointed to the plant in front of her.
"Impressive!" The agent seemed convinced. "I'll order some of your special crops."

Linda felt relieved that she managed to close the deal. Her boss should be content with her.
"I believe you have the phone number of our sales department?", she asked him.

"I have. But would you mind giving me yours as well?", he asked. "Preferably the private one", he smirked at her.
Linda's heart skipped a beat. She was sure she had payed attention this time.
No stupid pick up line, but straight to the point.
She liked that.

"Uhm.. yeah, sure, Mr. Atkins!", she said, feeling a soft warmth rising in her face.
"Great! Also, please call me Brian", he said.

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She's hooked :D
      Who can resist that pretty face?

      Delete
  2. Linda may be snagging herself a pretty one but I don't trust him yet. The jury is still out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. He didn't even do anything.
      Girl, you're suspicious :D

      Delete
  3. I do like a man who takes initiative! (I forgive you for being blonde, Brian)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not normally, but you and Alexander SkarsgΓ₯rd get a pass :D

      Delete
    2. aww that is so sweet c: I feel special now!

      Delete
  4. Uh oh.....a smooth talker and way too sure of himself. She’s in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with that bookcase! And Linda, such a classy look!

    smooth. And private number? Girl, you're in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bookcases are even basegame :D
      Linda sticks to classy for her work outfits. She cannot do wrong with that!

      She is! But she doesn't mind c:

      Delete
  6. Yay. Someone caught her eye.
    Brian.... *tongue rolls out like a cartoon character*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. This one is good looking and knows how to use it to his advantage. Time to wear the scrutiny glasses. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ehehe you're not the first one to say that! πŸ˜„πŸ˜†

      Delete
  8. Nope. Nope. Not digging this guy. He kind of reminds me of Alejandro in a way. Maybe Linda does have a type - smooth and vapid. Err... maybe that's just me. Let's face it, I was always gling to hate any other love interests for her that aren't Frank...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ well yeah, you'll see, maybe he can still convince you otherwise?

      Delete