Good times

11.6 Mae West
Spring 1997, Cinema

Mae and Mariella waited in line to get their popcorn. They went to see "Fools rush in", a romance comedy. Mae wasn't too sure if it was suitable for young girls, but she guessed it wouldn't be too bad. She didn't want to tell Herbert, though.
"Dad never took me to see a romantic movie!", Mariella chattered excitedly. "Only sports... and stuff."
Mae listened, smiling.

"Uhm, Mae... Would you go shopping again with me?", Mariella asked then.
"Sure! what do you need?"
Mae loved to spend time with her.

"Uhm...", Mariella stumbled shyly.
Mae came closer, to hear her better.
"I think I need a bra! But you cannot tell daddy!", the girl whispered.

"Really?! I know a shop that has some really cute ones!", Mae replied excited. She felt touched by the confidence the girl had shown her since they had met the first time.
"Wanna go next Monday after school?", she asked Mariella.

Mariella nodded her head excitedly.
"I cannot wait for you to be my new mom, Mae!", she said then.

Mae replied by hugging her tightly. She had come to really love the girl. And she looked forward to be in a family with her.
It really was a good idea to ask Herbert if he would marry her.

13 comments:

  1. #girlproblems :D
    Also, why was the blonde guy watching them? That was kinda creepy. Was is Brian by any chance? Looked like him a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The poor guy was just happening to wait in line behind them for his popcorn, grinning like an idiot!
      No, this is not Brian.
      This is Jason Hastings, oldest son of Jake Hastings, best and most ruthless lawyer of Windenburg, and also Lotta (originally Sofia, but I had one already) Bjergsen's boyfriend. His story is never told in this blog, because I simply don't have the nerves to implement like 30 more sims into this story, that barely have anything to do with the ones already here.
      He just happened to come to this cinema when I was staging this xD

      Delete
  2. I was actually thinking the same thing that the blonde guy watching them was Brian. I read your answer to the comment about so I know its not him but sure as hell looks like him. I'm sorry I still don't trust Brian yet.

    Mariella does need a female influence in her life. There are somethings a preteen girl doesn't want to talk to her father about. I actually their scenes together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy xD They even have different hair cuts, too!

      Marie certainly does. And she's so lucky she has Mae.

      Delete
  3. so Sweet....they do need to get married.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, as simple and short as it is but this is one of the best-written and most touching moments in simlit history. Really. The trust Mariella is putting into Mae just makes me want to cry out and her reaction was so tactful! She's indeed very good with children and I'm just super glad that Mariella can have a mother figure now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, you make me blush <3
      Mae and Marie get along really well, maybe because they are actually very similar :)

      Delete
  5. I read Maladi's comment. Ok Blonde guy being weird is just being weird for the sake of it. And I really enjoyed this segment. ❤️ It's cute, trusting, accepting and private. Such a sweet moment between them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well... he was there, I didn't even notice HOW weird he looks! I promise it's not Brian! 🤣

      Delete
  6. Lol I was creeped out by the blonde guy watching them as they talked about bras too! Glad it's nothing.

    Ugh, Mae... she is so going into this marriage thing for the wrong reasons... If she does indeed propose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well yeah.... that was not a lucky screenshot 😂😂 the default creepy grin doesn't make it better

      The girl wants her family! 😏

      Delete