14.4 A fairytale wedding

Summer 1997, Fairy Blossom event garden


The party was over, and the guests were chatting in groups while waiting for their cabs towards home.

Linda gave her newly-wed sister a warm hug. "Have a safe trip tomorrow!", she said.
"Aww, thank you", Mae replied.

"I can't believe that my baby sister is already 22 and married now!", Linda said.
She looked all emotional.
"It feels not so long ago, that we were kids and playing in grandmas garden!"
They had spent every summer at their grandmother's house, while their parents were travelling.

"And we always got in trouble for ruining our dresses!", she added then, chuckling.

Mae had to laugh at the old memories.
They had gone on quite a few adventures then.
"That was so much fun!!", she said.

"Sometimes I miss the old days", Mae added, now also becoming emotional.
Everything had been so much easier then.

"Me too...", Linda admitted. "But we'll have a lot more good days coming ahead to us!"
She was right. Not everything was complicated now.

"Hey, Linda", Mae said then. "Promise me you won't burry yourself in your books and plants and forget to go out, okay?"

Linda laughed. "Yes, big sis!"
Mae would miss living with her sister.
But she had to move on, and living with her husband would be better.
She knew.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, Mae is still quite young. And married now to a man who is 38 now!

      Delete
  2. Wow....a pretty big age gap. That’s undoubtedly going to cause problems at some point. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Age gaps don't necessarily cause problems when people want the same things...

      Delete
  3. I was married at 22. It was the best decision I made, but I'm not sure for Mae. Somehow I feel married life and insta- motherhood is more complex than she anticipates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was married at 20. I win! :P
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so young! I suppose that's the 90s. Actually I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well definitely in the 90s more people got married young than today, I think so at least ! I was too young to know hehe

      Delete
  6. Mae sure is excited to live with her husband... not.

    Btw I forgot to say earlier but the venue was stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's torn... Linda or Mariella? She loves them both!

      Thanks! I fell in love with it when I found it on the gallery!

      Delete