Cracks

19.10 Linda West
Spring 1998, The Rattlesnake

The game was long time over, and most guests had gone home already.
But Linda had come to like the Whiskey in this bar. She had switched from the mix to pure a while ago.
Frank found her last question very amusing.
"Oh god, no!", he laughed. "Diana's my sister!"

Linda made a puzzled face.
"Well, half-sister", he explained. " I met Diana back then in Myshuno, and she followed me around, so I brought her home. And then I saw my dad there."

He fell quiet for a while.
"What happened?", Linda asked. She was curious.

"Oh. Not much", he turned back to her, and smiled again. "He actually did recognize me. But then he kept going on how he never wanted me, and what a lying, cheating whore my mother was. He kinda had a point there, though."

Linda suddenly felt bad for asking.
"Hey, stop making that face", Frank said. "Why don't you tell me about your parents?"

"Oh... they're dead", Linda said, glad that he wanted to switch the subject.

She wasn't so glad anymore when she saw his face fall. "I'm sorry", he said.

"Oh - don't be, it's okay!", she desperately tried to make up for her awkwardness. "It happened already a while ago, I got used to it... I think..."

She saw a sceptical smile rise on his face, and sighed.
Did she manage?
"You're funny", Frank said.

"Frank, I wanna close! It's 8am!", the bartender interrupted them.
Linda hadn't noticed how the time had passed.
"Go home!", he continued.

"Uh, you're so rude, Tim!", Frank said, but he got up.
Linda sighed, and followed.

Outside the sun was up already. Linda remembered Mae living somewhere close, and decided she would pay her a visit.

"I have to go that way", she said. "Uhm.. and thank you for your company", she added politely, remembering her good manners.

Frank smiled. "My pleasure", he said, but Linda couldn't find any mockery this time.

He looked like he wanted to leave in the opposite direction already, but then he stopped.
"If you need a drink again, I'm usually here in the evenings", Frank said to her.

12 comments:

  1. Wow I must have missed Frank being Diana's brother and I'm usually good at remembering things. Frank is an interesting character and I would like to learn more about his past. It sounds like a very interesting story.

    I do hope Linda takes him up on that invitation and soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was never brought up. Noone there likes to talk about it, because of the circumstances. You'll definitely find out more about his past when I'm back to write season 2.

      Linda at least realized she made a friend. They will meet again c:

      Delete
  2. He looks good in that t-shirt I day, nom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totall!!!
      I decided he might leave his plaid shirts more often in the closet. c:

      Delete
  3. Mmmm. Frank. A love connection is happening! Flinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like their friendship. I somehow missed Diana and Frank are related. Oh and Linda's long coat is awesome. Such a classy lady. I love this love connection... I think someone already shipped this, but I like "Link." :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't mentioned until now! :P so you couldn't have missed it.

      Delete
  5. Oh that last picture is gold! The hesitation in his step, the quizzical look in her eyes. Ah this in Korean drama is the BA DA DUP moment where the heart aflutters and the birds sing and they gaze at one another's eyes thinking, wondering, hoping!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAgg4_t7Y70 if you skip to 1:00 and watch 1:00 to 2:00 It's literally one whole minute of staring at each other 🤣 🤣 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this was one of the first times when I tried to really capture the moments :D I am glad it is appreciated hehe

    sadly that video doesn't work for me :x buuuut I totally know these moments, tho it's about ten years ago I have watched my last k drama! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, so that's the deal with Frank's family - it sounded like it was complicated from that messy excahnge with Leroy some time back.

    And yay, they spent the whole night hanging out! Woop doop! My ship! It might just sail, finally! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, complicated may be one word to describe it 😂

      They did! 🎉🎉🎉
      Now let's see what will happen hehe

      Delete