Cracks

19.1 Mae Schnautz
Winter 1998, West residence

After Mae had found out about it, she was troubled. It was maybe the first time that she started brooding over something. Had she made the right decision?
About a week later, she finally needed to talk about it, so she went over to visit her sister. Linda always thought rationally, and Mae knew, however wrong her feelings might be, her sister would be on her side.
"So eight weeks it is now?", Linda asked her.
Mae nodded.

"I guess Herbert was very happy, when you told him", Linda said. It sounded more like a question.
"Uhhh... I didn't...", Mae admitted. She hadn't had the courage yet.

"Oh - why not?", Linda asked.
"I don't think I could deal with his excitement!", it broke out of Mae. "I told you how he was so crazy about having one!"
Actually she remembered that she herself had ravished to Linda about how cute and perfect everything would be if she would have a baby... but now she realized it was more to convince herself.


"I see", Linda said. "Now that it is actually happening, you're worried."
"Uh..."
Like usually, Linda had seen right through her.

"I don't know if I'm ready yet...", Mae admitted. "It was... kinda fast."
Linda didn't say anything for about a minute.

"Do you remember the time before you got married to Herbert?", Linda asked her then. "You were suddenly so insecure! And look how well everything turned out!"
Linda was right.
Everything would turn out well this time too.

17 comments:

  1. I'm not convinced. There's something wrong on the deeper level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ready or not baby is coming so Mae better prepare herself. I'm sure Mae is going to be a good mother look how she is with Mariella. I just wish she would have waited until she was fully ready for this step. If she did maybe she wouldn't be putting off giving Herbert the news he wanted to hear and she would be celebrating right along with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Mae definitely wishes for the same. But despite her being careless and rushing through things, she would really try her best for her child. She is very caring towards those she loves, even if it appears different sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh Maeeeee, HONEY.
    Sigh
    I have a bad feeling about this, BUT, I've been surprised before so maybe it will be ok??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully when it gets here she’ll be happy.....hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't know... babies cannot cure everything :c

      Delete
  5. Me thinks the marriage is headed for trouble. Uh oh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda is so sweet. I love how supportive all your characters are to each other. (well most) Everyone's got empathy x1000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yeah, I notice there is none of the backstabbing that is usually happening in those telenovela kind of stories! 😅

      Delete
    2. I appreciate that. I've never watched a telenovela but I've read about it and...😂 maybe the one I read about is too dramatic

      Delete
    3. my mom used to watch a few, so I got my handful of experiences! I couldn't myself haha, it is very dramatic!

      Delete
  7. SIGH

    I mean, what did you expect was going to happen, Mae?

    Yes, your gut was telling tou not to marry Herbert because you don't love him or have anything in common... but here we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was really forcing it hard to believe something into existence... except it did not work, and here she is now, panicking.
      Dumb girl v.v

      Delete