Broken

21.6 Mae Schnautz
Spring 1998, West residence

"Mae! So there you are!", Linda almost jumped when she entered the door.

Mae came to hug her sister. She felt sorry that she had made her worry.

"We've looked everywhere for you, after you didn't come back for a while!", Linda continued then. "You should also call Herbert, he went - "

Linda stopped when she noticed the suitcase.
"You know now what you're doing?", she asked quietly.
Mae nodded.

Linda pulled her to the sofa to sit down with her, waiting for her to talk.
"I'll move to Myshuno tomorrow morning!", Mae started. "I met this nice girl last time when I was shopping there, and she was looking for a roomie! Her appartement is small but cheap, and bartender jobs are easy to find, so I'll have no problem paying it! I even met someone that would help me find one! And in autumn I'll start business classes for working adults, and eventually start my own restaurant! I finally have to make that cooking class degree worth it!" Mae beamed out of excitement while telling Linda her plans.

"Mae... this sounds already perfectly planned... but you never even told me anything", Linda said quietly.
Mae's smile disappeared suddenly, when she saw her sister's face.

"Well - it's... I didn't really want to leave... I just checked out other possibilities, while shopping with Marie in Myshuno...", she stuttered.

"But - I just cannot stay here anymore! I'll turn into a freaking zombie! Everyday is the same shit, meeting the same boring neighbours, doing the same boring housework for a man who doesn't know what's a laundry basket, and the most challenging conversations being whose kid dropped out of high school and if Mrs. Pulp really cheated on her husband! And maybe I wouldn't have mind everything so much, but then I - "
She stopped for a few seconds.

"Linda, you have your research which keeps you excited, but I... didn't even manage to get a job at the local canteen to at least experiment with food... and I..."
Mae hesitated again.

Linda had quietly listened to everything so far.
"Mae, what's the real reason you want to leave?", she asked. "You wouldn't run to another town just because you want to break up with Herbert." Her face had changed to worried.
Linda just knew her too well. It was no use to beat around the bush anymore, so Mae tried to be honest.

"Well... the thing is... there at the wed- I don't know how to say it...", Mae stuttered.
Actually, she did not want to say it. She did not even want to think about it.
Admitting meant losing.
Linda watched her sister carefully. Then her lips curled into a warm smile.
"I see", she said. "You're in love. And it's not Herbert."

"No!", Mae cried out. It slipped out of her before she realized it, and the intensity sold her out. Linda even almost shrinked back.

"I should have noticed that a long time ago." Linda said. "First you don't want to go back to Paris, then you're totally absent minded after returning from that birthday party, and now you suddenly want to leave from here, head over heels, after talking to him. You love him, so you run, no?"
"It's no use...", Mae said. She felt her eyes stinging, and swallowed hard on the lump that had formed in her throat.
"We never had... a relationship... just messing around."

"Linda, he didn't even bother to tell me good bye! As soon as he got a chance to get what he wanted, he just left...  And - and now he married someone else, and he even has a kid, and..."
Mae had thought she had cried enough tonight, but the tears started to run again.
"And the more I run into him, the more everything comes back, and... I just have to get away, to finally get over it..."

"Come here..." Linda pulled her into a warm hug. "You'll find a new love, better than anything before", she said.
"I know!", Mae chuckled between her sobs. "Just promise me, you'll never tell anyone, okay? Ever."
"Promise", Linda said.

-----------------------------------------------
Author's note: 
Linda's pose is one of the poses the sweet allharloweseve created after my request.
You can download the pose set here: link
She has a lot more great poses on her blog!

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Best way to solve unsolvable problems, no? :D

      Delete
    2. And to solve the solvable ones too...

      Delete
  2. I get the feeling that this whole breakup in Paris was a complete misunderstanding between the two? It should have never happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my,....She’s running to where he’s running...it’s fate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fate (= in this case, me, lol) works in mysterious ways :D

      Delete
  4. Get that dick gorl! Even if this could be toxic as fuck. >:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.
      she's actually running from that dick! maybe in the wrong direction, tho? xD

      Delete
  5. awww... they never should've broken up, no? But things are so complicated now. And I'm not sure this is better or worse, though because she'll have a chance to be true to herself now and find some happiness. I love the sisters together. Great first part. Juicy and dramatic and engaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is complicated now. And it gets even messier, when the news go around! Mae won't have it easy, and she doesn't even deserve it, before she cleans up the mess she has left.

      Delete
  6. That wasn't so much of a surprise, but honestly. She still should have told Herbert! Being left just like this is already terrible enough, even more so when it's for another man. But does she really want him to find out one day, in a few years, and cut that old wound open once more? Does she really want her sister to live in the same city as him and always know she's hiding something from him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, she's not leaving *for* another man, but because she caught herself falling for one while married to another, so she wants to get away ASAP. From her husband *and the one she loves.
      She hopes to never meet any of them again, but she didn't consider I'm the one directing what's happening, ofc. /smirk

      Delete
  7. Aww looks like she and Fran were on the same wavelength this whole time. I'm glad she finally poured out her feelings. Now she can heal properly and move in the direction she wanted. Woah she tried to play the stephord's wife. Linda almost had to play that role. And those poses are soo good I want them :D I need more sweet moments in my story so hopefully this will entice me to make happier moments hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, things were... complicated, on many levels, so she never really talked about what happened. And as I said, she is used to keep things to herself, some even from Linda.
      She was doing well, when Franny wasn't there, but he keeps reminding her of their past and she keeps comparing.
      But she needs to leave it behind her, and moving away will help her, like it did when she moved to Paris.

      Actually there is only one pose used, Linda in the third picture! Everything else is letting them talk and watching with hawk eyes ! 😆
      I gave Mae and Linda the "embarrassed" moodlet, and let Mae tell a "dramatic story" for the more fierce expressions. The hands on the face is one of the in-game "mourn" animations (you can use them with pose player and the animations list) and the last one is the romantic hug while being seated! (I had to enable incest in mccc to use that, yuck! But there are no seated friendly hug animations! )

      Delete
  8. Oh wait the link is broken rofl too old!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course her gut reaction is to run off and pretend everything is perfect. Mae is in an endless loop. She needs to confront her feelings, otherwise she'll just keep hurting people in the process. I'm glad Linda sort of got her to do that a little bit here, though time will tell if it's enough. Mae's done too much hiding under that carefree smile of hers, and it only results in hurting her and other people - the former is on her, but the latter is unfair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, that's a classic Mae! Run off, and everything is perfect!
      But she'll have to face reality very soon. The break up with Herbert was a bitter medicine - with casualties - and now we'll see if she actually learned from it.

      Delete