Marriage is bliss

16.5 Sofia Lopez
Summer 1997, Pizzeria Sunny Morning

After a very elegant dinner, Sofia and Paolo had sat down on the fountain in the Park in front of the pizzeria. The night was warm and the sound from the water splashing behind them soothing.
Paolo had called her on the last day of school, and invited her out, before she could have tried.
To celebrate her high school graduation, he had said.
But Sofia knew better. Celebrating with Paolo usually involved some turntables, endless dancing and litres of cold beer - not a fancy restaurant dinner.
Sofia had known that this must have been the night.


"I am sorry for not calling you earlier, baby", Paolo said. "But I didn't want you to be distracted anymore... I wanted you to finish school first."
So Sara had been right here.
But was she also right about the second - more important part?
Slowly Sofia started to lose all hope.
The night was almost over, and he still hadn't asked her.
And there was no ring in the cake either.

She still didn't want to give up, yet.
"I understand", she lied. "And it had helped me."
"I'm glad you say that...". Paolo said.

Then he got up, pulling her with him.
"You know, I love you very much, baby", he said.
Sofia tried hard not to jump out of excitement and ruin the moment - this must be it!!

He kneeled down in front of her.
"Baby, would you marry me?", he asked.
Despite her excitement and anticipation, her heart stood still for a second.
So romantic!!!


"YES!", she cried out, very much not ladylike, as she always had imaginged to answer.
But her happiness had taken over her.
Sofia had been right with everything!

Paolo laughed, then pulled her into a tight embrace.
"I'm so glad", he said.
"Me too", Sofia replied.
She was.
"Fuck you, Alejandro", she thought.

22 comments:

  1. I actually didn't expect him to propose, more like break up with her. Good for her. Now she can move out of the terrible household.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked hard to convince everyone to expect the worst :D

      Delete
    2. You did a very good job convincing us to expect the worse because I expected bad news and heartbreak too. I still think she is too young to get married.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! :D
      She is still very young, and not mature. But it's her only chance to move out. Her mother is very conservative and would let her only move out when she's married.

      Delete
  2. LOLOLOLOL
    I did not see that coming.
    TRICKSY CANDY YO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute but that just means you have a longer scheme ahead for them. I can't be fooled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Paolo came through! I figured he would just ask her to move in....I hope they are happy....but she is still so young and immature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is... but maybe marriage and her own house will help her grow up?

      Delete
  5. didn't see that coming. Still not sure it's a good idea, but her household is a bit toxic right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She needs to get out of that house. And marriage would be her only option.

      Delete
  6. Like anyone else, I did not see it coming (only repetition with that one, lol). But it has increased my respect for him a lot! Not that it's a good thing to marry just to escape the family - but at least he is believing it a good idea as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, me and my crazy self actually thought for a moment that she'd say no. lol. Don't ask me to explain because I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      that's gonna be the last thing she'd say.
      Except "I don't really hate my stepfather", maybe :D

      Delete
  8. rofl! That last line is gold. This is lovely I'm so happy for her! Right after highschool too. I think that's considered a dream come true in the most possible way for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha, yeah, she loves her stepfather 😂😂
      for her its her absolute HEA!

      Delete
  9. Ooh, so she will get her rude awakening! Sweet! She'll have a lot of growing up to do once she moves out, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I love how you think here 😁🙈 She's def in for a rude awakening. Not only she'll suddenly be on her own, but with a lot less money too.

      Delete
    2. Err, yeah, I meant to say, congrats to the happy couple, totally :D Can't even keep a straight face saying that... Less money? Nah, she's embarking on her new career as wife, why would money be possibly be an issue? :D :D :D Can't wait for the trainwreck, haha.

      Delete
    3. Right?? I actually wanted to cut her off from the hood, bc her interaction with the rest of the gang is basically zero. But she's so entertaining I'll give her her own spin off =D

      Delete