Retrospective: Paris - How we started

1.1 Francesco De la Cruz - The good shit
Summer 1992, Diego's apartment

When Francesco entered the appartement, he found Diego sitting in the living room.
"You're back earlier than I thought, cariño", his boyfriend said.
"I left early", Francesco replied. "You didn't tell me that one was into beating."

He touched the bruise that had formed on his cheek. The hit had come as a surprise. He was so stupefied, he caught a second one on the same spot before reacting. As in leaving immediately.
Diego looked up into his face, then chuckled. "¡Qué pena! I didn't know. Suzette was really eager to sign you up for that new boyband. The audition would have been just a formality..."

"Here", Diego held a smoking roll towards him. "It will numb the pain."
This one was in alu foil instead of paper. Francesco wondered what was inside, but decided to give it a try. His cheek hurt. And he wanted to forget that puta loca of an agent Diego had sent him to. Suzette was pretty, so he hadn't mind to sleep with her. But he definitely didn't like being beaten while doing it.

Somehow everything had gone wrong along the road since he had left for Paris together with Diego.
"You have to make sacrifices if you want to succeed in music", Diego said.
Francesco had. More than he thought he was capable of. But still nothing seemed to work out and he started to lose his ambitions.
"I have my limits", Francesco said.

He wanted to get out of here.
Back home.
But not today. A feeling of relief spread through his body. Not only the physical pain was numbed, but all his sorrows seemed to fade away, too.

Even the reluctance he had felt towards his boyfriend lately became only a small throb in the back of his head. 
Diego's new shit was good.

20 comments:

  1. I don't like this Diego already. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're allowed to hate him with all your heart :D

      Delete
  2. Francesco could do better, cute apartment tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *side peeks at the black list* We might have to do some changes there soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sí, a mi me molesta a Diego también.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Diego actually pimped Fran out so they can be successful!?? WTF. Diego DIEEEE!!! This guy is as bad as Trevor's DAD! Where is my digi shotgun. He looks so effing clean too! Look at his preppy clothes and hair. YEEEE *frustrated scream*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ofc he does, it's always the neat ones that are the most evil! 😆
      And yes, Diego kinda did, but not for "their" success, he couldn't care less, but just for the sake of having the control... well.

      Delete
    2. "it's always the neat ones that are the most evil" - candy

      rofl.. I quietly agree..

      Delete
  6. Soo I haven't read season 1. Will I regret reading this one first? Obviously with this being a prequel I gather it's not needed, but do let me know.

    That being said, as an introduction to the story this definitely draws me in straight away. And I have no idea if this messy crap Francesco's getting into will pay off or not, so I suppose there's that angle on reading the prequel first haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, & welcome :D
      hmm, it may take away a little suspense from season 1, but I don't think it will matter much. Tbh, no one has read the prequel first, I'm actually curious how it may change the opinion hehe

      Thanks, I hope you'll enjoy this, I've been told this is quite a wild ride 😁

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Ok, consider this an experiment - watch me fawn over someone that will become a total villain in season one 😂

      Delete
    3. Exactly like that 😄 But Darth Vader was not a villain, just misunderstood 😝 (Full disclosure, I liked Anakin and hated Yoda. So that's what you're dealing with here lol)

      Delete
    4. I must disappoint, I have never watched any movie, nor show, nor anything 😬
      the only stuff I know is what you just can't avoid when you are working with, have friends and are married to Star Wars fans 😂

      Delete