Cracks

19.8 Frank Cage
Spring 1998, The Rattlesnake

The bar was full, stuffy and noisy. Almost all Oasis Springs had gathered here to watch the game.
"Ten bucks against you!", Dina yelled over the table towards Paolo, which sat on the other side.
"No way they will win! Just look at them!", He yelled back.
"Sorry Dina, but this time luck's not on your side!" Frank added.

"She's soooo gonna lose those!", Paolo laughed at him.
"Impossible, that..." Frank started, when he noticed a faintly familiar perfume. And a faintly familiar voice just behind him asked politely, "Uh, could I get a beer, please?"

He looked on his other side, seeing Linda trying to get the barkeeper's attention.
"You have to be a little bit louder here!, he said to her.

"Oh!", she had noticed him now, and her face lit up. "Hello, Frank!", she smiled.
"Hi! What are you doing here?", he asked her. This was maybe the last place he would have expect her to be.

"Uhm. I think I just broke up with my almost-fiance, and I found I need a drink", she said casually.
Frank was about to make a joke if that one didn't want to leave, too, but decided otherwise when he saw her face.

"Shit happens...", he said instead. "Also, try a Whiskey Cola rather than beer."
"Sounds great."

"Shhh! I cannot hear the game!", Paolo hissed from the other side.
"I cannot believe they are really winning!", George cried out.
Frank almost had forgot the game.

18 comments:

  1. You two, stop orbiting each other and start dating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha. The question is though, do they want to date? And if yes, do they realize it?

      Delete
  2. Ok let her go to Frank, just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ship is on! The bar tellies need subtitles though. Widespread closed captioning for television spread because bars needed it after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their interactions. They are so much better suited for each other. Good for Linda too. She didn't just go home and bury herself in work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not really heart broken, after all. Just disappointed XD

      Delete
  5. *claps hands like a little girl* Yay!
    whiskey and Diet Coke=my fav drink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it would be mine too except I cannot drink whiskey and keep it inside LOL I'm taking the wodka instead.

      Delete
  6. I like their pace. Forgetting the game for a girl!? OOh Frank you don't know it yet but you're gonna get it bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends always have priority over games in his books!😁

      Delete
  7. A part of me is disappointed that he recommended she changed her order - I wanted Linda to finally have her first beer 😆

    ReplyDelete